I just stumpled across this blog that holds a great deal of content regarding animation making, animation art, comments and critique.
It’s made by the talented Jean-Denis Haas
You really gotta drop by as it has tons of information and assorted material.
Some of my favorite posts:
Which has an assorted list of the most popular posts.
- Sounds simple? Doesn’t it?
- Time and Effort
- Thinking outside the Box
- How to use Reference
- The Bouncing Ball- The key to all animation
- Don’t let the computer do the work for you!
- Clear Silhouette
- My animation workflow (wip)
- Original Ideas
- Blog Collections #1, #2, #3
- Acting Reference
- The Keys to Getting a Job
- Squash and Stretch
- You need to have a plan
- Polish: #1, #2
- Facial Animation & Lipsync
- What should I animate? pt.1 demo reel & pt.2 exercises
- I can animate, now what? pt.1 and pt.2
- How to choose the right audio clip
- The importance of watching a lot of movies
- I’m rarely using the graph editor.
- Dirt – Controlled Sloppiness
- Animal Locomotion for Animators by Stuart S. Sumida
- Animation Salvation Interviews JD
- Cloverball – And the Importance of having fun
- Animation Article Database
- Top 5 Essentials of Animating Creatures
- Demo Reel Tips